As of today, I am officially 23! If you know me or follow me on social media, you know that I am a pretty big fan of celebration. I always say, I’m a professional celebrator! If you think about it, that’s really what I do as a wedding photographer. And it’s AWESOME.
I go big when celebrating other people, and I also go big when I’m celebrating myself! It’s something that has always been part of my personality. Growing up, my mom had to put a limit on how early I was allowed to start planning my birthday parties because I would talk to her about ideas six months before my actual birthday! As I got into my late teens, I started to feel silly for wanting to celebrate my birthday. People kept telling me that only kids have birthday parties and that part of ‘growing up’ and ‘maturing’ was letting go of birthday celebrations. I began to think that wanting to do something for my birthday was selfish, arrogant, and childish.
In the past two years I’ve taken my girl TaySwift’s advice because haters gonna hate y’all! I just got to shake it off! Celebrating is a big part of who I am. I know that God made me an energetic, bubbly, celebrator and I’m not ashamed! My favorite part of being a photographer is getting to be there to be happy with families in the biggest milestones of their lives. Whether is a wedding, a new baby, an anniversary, or a graduation, I get to not only help them celebrate but help them remember it! I truly believe there are so many things worth celebrating and we can get so caught up in what other people think of us that we hold back our happiness.
So in honor of my birthday, a day that I think should be very celebrated, I am listing 23 things that are also worthy of celebration!
- YOUR BIRTHDAY. Obviously.
- Your children’s’ birthdays
- High school graduations
- Accomplishing your goals
- A promotion
- Buying a house or condo
- Cleaning out your closet
- College graduations
- Your friends’ birthdays
- National holidays (Christmas, New Years, July 4th, etc) OBVI.
- Your wedding anniversary
- Your kids losing their first teeth…or any teeth!
- Graduate school graduations (peep my session with Blair where we did just that!)
- Any other anniversaries in your relationship with your significant other (day of first date, day of first kiss, day of proposal, always celebrate your love!)
- The day you get baptized or put your faith in Jesus
- Opening or starting your business
- Cleaning your whole house
- Your friends’ accomplishments (completing 300 barre classes, getting a promotion, finishing a diet/workout goal, etc)
- Finishing a book you’ve been reading for a while
- Getting pregnant or having your first baby
- Your PARENTS birthdays
- Washing, drying, and folding the laundry all in one day
- Your half birthday 🙂
And one bonus one because WHY NOT CELEBRATE MORE?!
24. Celebrate whenever you are proud of yourself!
Needless to say, I think my birthday is a pretty big deal and I am not ashamed. I think everyone’s birthday is a pretty big deal! Thank you to all the people who have celebrated with me in the past on this day, especially my family who has always encouraged my celebration. Happy birthday to me and all the other March babies out there!
What’s something that you celebrate? How do you like to celebrate? Share all the celebration with me y’all!
[…] I think celebrating anything is fun! You can read all about my philosophy on celebrating in last year’s birthday post […]
1 Comment on Twenty-Three!